Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Post Surgery and Back To Missionary Work



This week was very interesting. Very!    So it started out last Monday and it's a normal Monday.  I did the Monday thing - you know because it was Monday.   And then Tuesday came.  Holy cow was Tuesday a weird Tuesday.  I never knew a Tuesday could be so crazy.   Elder "H" and I went up to Eugene for a meeting and then half way through it Sister Young pulls me out into the hall.  She says "Elder Woestman, guess what.  We got a date figured out when you can get your cyst cut off, its tomorrow! "   So right there and then I found out that I was to have surgery the very next day and was told that I will have to leave my companion and area for like two weeks.  My heart was broken.  So after our meeting Elder "H" and I were separated. and then I went with the APs for the rest of the day.  We actually were able to set a date with a lady to be baptized on February 14th. Val-day. Kind of exciting. 

The next day- the surgery went good and my dad flies in and becomes my companion/nurse and takes care of my bum for me. Oh - and so the mission president even came over and I showed him my bum.  (First missionary that he has seen their bum - I feel privileged. hahaha)  Over all weird and cool.  Cool to see dad.  Weird to be in an apartment all day.  We did get to see some of my old investigators in Eugene and dad even invited one to be baptized which is way cool.  It's good to be back in Medford though. Dad dropped me back at my apartment Sunday evening.   I missed Medford and the mini van.  Oh fun fact.  I was made full car for the rest of my mission (no more bike riding).  Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Love you all
Elder Ben Woestman