Monday, April 1, 2013

A Week of Miracles


So this week was crazy.  It started out with a  mid-transfer transfer and three missionaries left and we got three other ones, so we had to help with that.  And then the miracles started pouring from the sky. 

Monday to Tuesday I went on an exchange with the Spanish speaking missionaries. So much fun.  I love Spanish people.  They feed you so much food - and its good.  Besides, the amazing food, we also had some crazy cool miracles happen during the exchange.  One was while we were having dinner at the branch president's house for dinner.  They made probably the best cold spicy soup thing i have ever had.  It was chilled and had cucumbers in it - but it burned my mouth,  So good.  Love the spicy. lol   They had invited one of the Spanish missionaries' investigators to dinner too so we had a lesson afterwards.  During the lesson we watched the Restoration video and then afterwards she committed to be baptized in two weeks. How cool it that.  I naturally had no idea what was going on because it was all in Spanish  lol. 

Also the next day we went on splits with our ward missionaries - back in my ward - and when we meet back up again.  Elder "M" is like "guess what, we set a date with Taleana!!!"   

And then two days later we had a lesson with our investigator Andrea and we asked her to be baptized and she said yes.  And the next day her son said he wanted to be baptized on the same day.   Miracles.

But get this. we have been working with a less active family and they came to church this Sunday  and they brought a friend.  During the closing hymn the mom leans over to me and says that their friend wants to be baptized.  . . .  I pretty much fell out of my seat and had no idea what to say!   haha.  So miracles are happening.

However, I am afraid that I am going to be transferred (this is the last week before transfers).  I have been here for three transfers, hopefully I stay at least one more because the ball is rolling.  Oh - and let Mike "S" know that I use his story all the time talking to members about doing missionary work. 

Well that was my week.  Love you guys.  Tell Bob and Doranda their baby is cute.
Love Elder Woestman