Monday, August 27, 2012

Life with the hippies :)

So this week was AWESOME. So I think I already said this, but we found a lady named Jannet last Saturday and she came to church on Sunday. Well - on Tuesday we were able to meet with her and she now has a baptism date of September 29th. How awesome is that! She came to church again this weekend loved it. It is way cool because this will be Elder "C"s first baptism and we found her. He will be able to see someone he found get baptized which is always something to be happy about.

Otherwise, life in Eugene is crazy. We don't have that big of a teaching pool so we are doing a lot of finding - working through the past investigators, finding part member families, and using the members. We are seeing a lot of cool miracles happen because of that too.

So as you all should know Eugene is full of hippies - haha - and weed. So we run in to a lot of hippie people - people who are stoned, people who try to be hippies, hipsters, you name it - it is here. Lots of different kinds of people. So on Wednesday Elder "C" and I were walking and we saw these two people just sitting on the lawn talking. Naturally we went over and talk to them. One was a girl around the age of 23 and the other was like a 40 year old dude. The guy was a little weird to say the least, but the girl was interested. We were able to teach them part of the Restoration and gave them a Book of Mormon. They told us where they lived. It was a cool experience because I could just see the Spirit whisper to them that we were telling them truth - and I could picture them in white. A pretty cool experience that I don't even know if it will make sense to you, but it made sense to me.

Oh - and last night we were walking and we ran into this guy named Chris who was skating. I sure am glad I skated in middle school because I can now talk to people about it so they feel more comfortable. Anyways, Chris was way cool. We were able to talk to him about prophets and how if there was a prophet on the earth today, he would want to know about it. Chris leaves for Washington in two days, but he said we could come back to his place in two weeks when he gets back. Then after we talked with Chris we ran into a less active member guy named Chris also. Go figure right - lol. So this guy has not been to church in years and he now goes to a catholic church. Right when we walk in and sit down he says; "So let me guess - you are from Utah!" I was like; "Nope. I am from Cincinnati and I went to a catholic high school." He looked at me weird and then we were able to talk and we were able to connect pretty well. It is so awesome to see how the Lord helps you connect with people. I am truly grateful for my parents raising me the way they did. It has helped me so much - from watching cartoon scripture videos to going to Elder High School and seminary - and then just making me knock doors as a paper boy when I was 10. It has truly helped me here. Thanks so much Mom and Dad :)

I am pumped to hear that our neighbor Michael is getting baptized this weekend. That is legit-ly the coolest thing ever. Tell him I am pumped for him and cannot wait to see a picture of him in his white clothes. It is cool to think that when I get home I can see him at church! Miracles, they never stop happening.

Love you guys,
Elder Woestman :P