Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm in Eugene!

Hey, sorry about not writing last week. I got transferred to Eugene, so I am in the heart of the "Mother Land". This place is totally different than Albany - haha. The cool thing is that Elder H is now training - so I have a "grandson." [When a missionary trains a new missionary, the new missionary is referred to as a "son." So when someone a missionary has trained trains someone new, that someone new is considered the "grandson" to the original training missionary.] Right now I am following up training Elder C. This kid is awesome. Elder C doesn't talk a lot but when he does he talks by the Spirit. It is pretty cool to watch.

This ward is totally different than the ward back in Albany. It feels weird leaving Albany because I was there for so long and knew everyone. But this is just another adventure on this things called a mission. When I got here we did not have very many investigators. There is this one kid named Kyle who we are teaching. He was supposed to be baptized the week before I came, but he bailed out because he had not told his parents that he wanted to be baptized. He is 18 and is afraid they will not approve. He leaves for college in a week, so we are going to get him set up with the missionaries out there.

The cool thing this week was that Elder C and I did a lot of "finding". We were able to find 7 new investigators that will hopefully turn out well. We are really going to be working hard this week on getting our teaching pool bigger. This ward is way supportive. The cool things was that Saturday Pres Young called Elder C and I on the phone and we had a prayer over the phone. That day we found two families, how great is that. One family was a referral from one of the members which is always good.

We got 3rd place in the chili cook off, so thanks mom for the skyline chili spice packets. And thanks everyone for the cards for my birthday. Love you all,
Elder Woestman