Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday - Feb 14th 2012

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Hey Everyone;
So this has been a crazy but interesting week. We had a missionary move into our district and our room - so now there are six of us in this room. They moved him out of his old district because he was not doing very well with them. He has anger, language, and running off issues so they put him with us. It has been way tough because we all felt like we were one big companionship, so when he goes and starts walking off if affects us - its like switching the Spirit off and on. He has tried to leave for the past three nights. We have been trying our best to help me see he needs to "man-up" and stay, but last night he actually ran off the campus and had the cops called on him. We were up 'till like one until he got back from our branch president's (since he had to talk to him) . . . . so fun. We all have just been working hard to not get mad at him and to just love him.
We have been role playing - teaching investigators - and as I was acting like "Chris" and my companion was teaching, I flipped to 1st Nephi, chapter one, last verse and read the last sentence (It is pretty much the thesis statement of the Book of Mormon). . . "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." As I read this as Chris, I was hit with what we like to call the "spirit truck". I knew that Chris needed to hear this next time we were with him- so intense I had no idea how to take it. So I used it and now Chris is doing a lot better with his commitments.
Elder Jeffrey Holland is way awesome. I have listened to a couple of his talks in class and every time he is done I am pumped and ready to go preach the gospel of Jesus Chris to everyone. It is intense to think that I only have one more week before I head to the mission field. I leave in a week at like eight in the morning. Tell everyone I say "hi" and "love them".
-Elder Woestman