Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Monday - July 1st 2013

This was a great week.  We had someone get baptized this 
week. Her name is Kaylene and she was able to get baptized on her birthday which is awesome. 






It was a great baptism because it seemed that the whole singles ward came and supported her. I am happy because we have been able to baptize a girl and a guy in their twenties here. and after Kaylenes baptism it hit me that it was like baptizing mom and dad. So i thought that was pretty cool.  

And on Sunday we had a awesome miracle happen. A Chinese guy walked in and and wanted to learn about God. How awesome is that! - just walked off the street into the church. So we were able to talk to him and then set up a lesson for today.  It was really hard to understand what he was saying haha.  I love it.  Half of our investigators are chinese. 


So one of the investigators that is supposed to get baptized next week told us he prayed and feels that he needs to be baptized in a river.  The only problem is that President Young doesn't let anyone get baptized in anything but a baptismal fonts.  We tried to explain this to Charlie and he is having a tough time with it, because he has prayed and feels that he needs to be baptized at this certain spot in a river. So pray that when we talk to our Mission President that he will let it all work out :).


Get this.. . the stake is doing a play and they want me to play the tuba hahaha.  So mom, I need you to send me my mouth peice. It should be in my blue bucket I think. or some where. If you cant find it its all good because they have one.  The one they have isn't as good as mine.  I'm a little nervous because I haven't played in like two years but it should be fun. Miracles are happening.


One of the things that we are focusing on with the zone is to new trainees. We have 4 sets of missionaries training so we want to make sure that they know what they are doing, and also we noticed that a lot of our missionaries are relatively 'young' in the mission field. We are working on making sure everyone knows how to work smart and hard.
 
Love this place. Love Elder "M". Love the Zone.

Love
Elder Ben Woestman

PS Check out the photos below:

I did an exchange in Walport - so we woke up early that morning and ran to the beach so we could do yoga and exercise on the beach.  haha




Studying where ever we get the chance.